Location: Thousand Oaks, CA.
Employment Type: Part-Time
The Host position ensures and promotes our guests’ needs first according to Wood Ranch standards.
A Host must present a positive and lasting impression of the restaurant’s friendliness, excellent service,
and high standards by greeting every guest upon arrival. Ensures guests’ needs are met. Bids farewell toeach guest and invites them to return.
• Maintains a cheerful, courteous disposition and a neat, clean, and professional image.
• Greet guests and seat them at tables or in waiting areas.
• Maintains waiting list and coordinates seating while on the waiting list in conjunction with the reservation list.
• Assign guests to tables suitable for their needs and according to server rotation.
• Present menus or food and beverage information to guests.
• Arranges for booster seats or highchairs, as needed. Ensure all highchairs, boosters, and slings have buckles that are working properly.
• Communicates guests’ needs to servers, busser, manager, etc.
• Answer telephone calls within two rings and responds to inquiries or transfer calls.
• Performs reservation responsibilities.
• Keeps foyer, host station clean and will organized. Ensures all menus are clean, restocked necessary supplies and maintains all cleanliness standards.
• Completes restroom checks.
• Communicate openly with management regarding any work-related concerns.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Must obtain a valid unexpired Food Handlers Card.
• Basic understanding of or the ability to learn basic sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• Ability to follow instructions and respond positively to feedback.
• Ability to maintain personal hygiene.
• Physically able to stand and move around for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. at times.
• Must be able to work late nights and unpredictable hours.